Join the 60-Day Lifestyle Challenge
Yay! It is our nation’s 60th anniversary. Our diamond jubilee. This will hopefully propel us toward positive trends within the coming decades.
Talking about trends, how has your health been? Have you set any targets for yourself with respect to healthy living, specifically self-care? Healthy lifestyle choices, one change at a time have the capacity to keep you free of lifestyle related diseases.
Why don’t you join us in the 60 day lifestyle and self-care challenge where you will be encouraged to focus on the pillars of Lifestyle Medicine? Thereafter, get ready to ‘showcase yourself to yourself’.
Within the next sixty (60) days, you would endeavor to:
- Enjoy a bit of nature for 5 minutes everyday. Go for a walk. Watch the sun rise. Study the stars or listen to birds sing or cock-crow.
- Read a good fictional or non-fictional book for 15 minutes everyday.
- Meditate for 10 minutes daily.
- Connect with at least one loved one (friend/relative) on a daily basis – just to check on them, in effect 7 persons weekly.
- Sleep at least 7 hours at least 5 days a week.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes on 5 days in a week.
- Take 2 fruit portions daily.
- Write down just one thing you are thankful for in your diary each day!
Who wants to join me? Do you need encouragement or group support? Then join our Whatsapp support group by clicking on this link to fill a commitment form. Alternatively, you can send me a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your goals and afterwards your experience.
Self-care is not selfishness!