- This event has passed.
Live Healthier & Longer: Commit To Quit
May 29, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
It is with great pleasure that we write to invite you to the maiden edition of a Public Webinar in commemoration of the “World No-Tobacco Day 2021”.
This event is organised by the Society of Lifestyle Medicine of Nigeria (SOLONg) in collaboration with its sister partners, Brookfield Centre For Lifestyle Medicine, Byron Institute and Lifestyle Champions International. The talks will be delivered by medical experts from the UK, South Africa and Nigeria.
Theme: “Live Healthier & Longer: Commit to Quit”.
1. Preventing Sudden death.
2. Tobacco use and Non-communicable diseases.
3. Mental health: The new normal, adapting to thrive.
Date: Saturday, May 29th 2021
Time: 2-4 pm
Why this Webinar?
Premature deaths are fast becoming a common occurrence in our clime. It is usually heart-breaking when another loved one passes on in the prime of life. However, it is more disheartening when this loss results from preventable illnesses, otherwise called non-communicable illnesses which include diabetes, hypertension, heart diseases, chronic kidney disease, cancers, Alzheimer’s disease and emotional/mental distress, amongst others.
According to the World Health Organisation, non-communicable illnesses account for 63% of all deaths globally with 80% of these deaths occurring in low and middle income countries. These illnesses are primarily linked to lifestyle-related habits.
By attending this webinar, the following are guaranteed benefits:
1. Insights on the foods that can help reduce the risk of non-communicable diseases.
2. The importance of regular physical activity and its role in reducing premature deaths.
3. Guide on stress reduction techniques and coping mechanisms.
4. Insights on the benefits of early tobacco cessation.
5. Why your sleep matters in keeping you living healthier and longer.
…and lots more!
Please find the attached webinar flier for your reference.
We hope to see you there!
The Lifestyle Champions Team.